Author Kamokronos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Folk & Ancient Language Discussion

4 posters

Go down

Grey Folk & Ancient Language Discussion Empty Grey Folk & Ancient Language Discussion

Post by Digger412 Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:13 am

FYI!!:: I HAVENT READ THE SPECIAL YET! THIS IS ALL MY SPECULATION

Hey, I've also been thinking a lot. I know that I haven't posted much, sorry. Been busy. Anyways, I've been thinking about the Grey Folk also. What if they weren't all extinct? Maybe their's could be the souls in the Vault. Also, I hope that Eragon and Saphira wont die..Though Paolini said something about someone dying...If I had to say, I'd either say Ormis, Nasuada, or Orik. I'm open to criticism though. Anyways, imagine about what would happen if even one Grey Folk was left. I don't know how long they lived, but that would add an interesting twist. You have some pretty good ideas, Marshall.

OKAY, read the Special. Wow, I'm good...lol, I wonder if I could guess anything else..
Digger412
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

Grey Folk & Ancient Language Discussion Empty Re: Grey Folk & Ancient Language Discussion

Post by kamokronos Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:24 am

Lol, yeah, predict for me what I will write at the end Very Happy.
kamokronos
kamokronos
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 144
Job/hobbies : Writing
Registration date : 2008-03-02

http://authorkamokronos.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Grey Folk & Ancient Language Discussion Empty Re: Grey Folk & Ancient Language Discussion

Post by Digger412 Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:55 pm

Na, I'll leave the other people guessing tongue . Anyways, about the longevity of the GF, they would have to live for quite a long time to form the AL. A spell that huge would have taken up an enormous amount of energy, right? Paolini said that it drained them of all their power. Back on topic--it would take a long time for them to be able to sustain a spell like that, and it would take them a while so every GF would be trained enough in magic for every GF to participate.
Digger412
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by marshall88 Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:56 pm

The GF lived normal human lives and yes it was making the AL that killed all but the 2 in this story.
marshall88

Number of posts : 14
Kamokronos\' Book : I Love Both
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by kamokronos Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:52 pm

That'll be explained later Wink.
kamokronos
kamokronos
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger412 Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:01 pm

I didn't think that it told anything about their lifespan, but think about it. Changing the nature of magic itself. The energy requirements would be phenominal, and besides that I think CP said something about how every GF was in it, they became shadows of their former selves, and some took mates or something like that. It'd still take a long time for every GF to make it to a level of magic advanced enough to perform that spell.
Digger412
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by marshall88 Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:49 pm

lol Only one GF would have to be good at magic it is the spell they have to make that is hard. Why would only one person have to be good because it is energy they need so the whole race joins minds and then that one person says the spell and uses the races energy.
marshall88

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger412 Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:10 am

Ah, forgot about that. Still, the GF would have to have an enormous amount of energy to pull it off, and still live.
Digger412
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Inheritance Fan Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:37 am

Hmm...They created the AL years ago...right? So if say, a few survived, because maybe they didn't participate at all, or were on another continent exploring...not many would have had to survive for Arya and Syra to have been born...as in, all you would need is one or two, mated with Elves and such, and years later you have Arya and Syra. So if they live a span of 100 years, and it was a thousand years ago, thats just 10 generations...right? So its possible for them to survive and stuff...right?
Inheritance Fan

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by kamokronos Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:39 am

All very interesting, but this has gone a bit off topic, so I will start a new thread for you guys.

Anyway, keep up this discussion, because believe it or not, just reading these posts gives me lots of ideas and more specific details to include in my chapters Very Happy.
kamokronos
kamokronos
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by marshall88 Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:10 am

Lol i think inheritance fan is right about syra because she was 1/4 elve or what ever she is she was not killed by the spell.
marshall88

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger412 Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:35 pm

If Syra was 1/4, her mom would be 1/2, and her grandma would have to be full GF. Say that the AL was formed 1000 years ago, a GF would have to live for atleast 350-400 years. The GF cast the spell, some went off and mated with elves, producing Syra's mom. That would be a while later. Then, Syra's mom went with another elf, producing Syra. Still, 350-400 years would be a long time. Inheritence Fan, the 10 gens wouldn't work. There would be only 1/512 of the GF bloodline left. The AL might have been created more than 1000 years ago, but idk. I'm sure that it's not less, though.

Last edited by Digger412 on Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Digger412
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kamokronos Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:08 pm

No one ever said it was a pure blood line...
kamokronos
kamokronos
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger412 Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:32 am

...I'm guessing that it probably was, but idk...IT'S ALL SPECULATION
Digger412
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kamokronos Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:31 pm

Well, not for me Very Happy.
kamokronos
kamokronos
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum